NEW DELHI: The School and mass education minister Badri Narayan Patra has declared the Plus II (Class 12) Arts and Commerce stream results at the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) office in Bhubaneswar.
The council of higher secondary education (CHSE) has published the results of the Plus II Arts and Commerce on Saturday at the the official websites chseodisha.nic.in and results.nic.in around 10:30 am.
“There is a drop of 2% in pass percentage in arts ( 68.79%) while pass percentage in commerce (74.91) increased by 3% compared to last year,” the minister said.
“Overall in plus two (all three streams) 71.47% students have cleared the examination this year,” the minister added.
The science stream results were declared on May 19, 2018. Of the 95,096 students who had written the examination, 73, 211 students (77.98%) passed the examination.
No of students passed in first division in arts 19,993 while in Commerce stream 4006 students secured the first division.
Out of 2,30,206 students, who wrote their Arts stream paper this year, 1,58,378 have cleared the examination. This year the result for the Art stream saw a drop of around 1.38 per cent as 68.79 per cent students cleared the exam in comparison to the last years 70.17 per cent.
Around 14.51 per cent more girls passed the exam against boys. This year the pass percentage for girls was 75.39% and for boys it was 60.88%.
Nabarangpur has the lowest pass percentage (47.58%) while Puri retained the first position with 79.87 % pass students.
In the Commerce stream, boys (73.11%) managed to narrow the gap with their counterparts (78.48%), as the gap was just 5.37 per cent while it was 14.51% for the Arts stream students.
According to the CHSE chairman Amarendra Kumar Patnaik Patra will unveil the result book at Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) office in Bhubaneswar.
A total 3,65,826 students appeared the plus two examination this year of whom around 2.2 lakh appeared the exam in arts stream and 27, 447 students appeared the exam in commerce stream. This year, the Arts, Commerce examinations were held in 1,106 centres across the state.
The results of vocational stream was also declared on Saturday.
Last year, +2 Arts and Commerce results were declared on May 31, 2017.
Bijay Kumar Sahoo, CHSE’s controller of examinations, had said on May 26 that the evaluation process is already over. “Tabulation process of the marks is going on. After tabulation, we will announce the results,” said Sahoo.
The council has already published the results of Plus II science on May 19. School and mass education minister Badri Narayan Patra had unveiled the results book.
The CHSE had organised the examinations for Plus II examination 2018 between March 6 and 29.
Results of 2, 85, 611 students will be published today.
- There is drop of 2% in pass percentage in arts while pass percentage in commerce increased by 3% compared to last year
- Over all in plus two including three streams 71.47%
- No of students passed in first division in arts 19993. 4006 in commerce
- Arts boys pass percentage 60.88%
- Girls pass percentage 75.39%
- Highest passed district in arts Puri with 79.87%
- Lowest % passed in Nabrangpur district 47.58%
- No of boys passed in Commerce 73.11%
- No of girls passed in commerce 78.48%
- Highest % passed in district Nayagarh with 95.59%
- Lowest % passed district in commerce is Deogarh with 45.07%
- In vocational stream 52.61% students passed
STEPS TO CHECK THE ODISHA PLUS II ARTS, COMMERCE RESULTS 2018
- Log on to the official website: orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Click on the link that says “CHSE Plus 2 Arts and Commerce Result”
- A new page will appear on your screen
- Enter your roll number and date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format and click on the submit button
- View your result and download it
- Take printout for future use